Friday, June 26, 2009

Log Cabin


I really like Eleanor Burns Log Cabin pattern. I've got 16 blocks up to the last fabric in only three hours of sewing. These are Civil War fabrics and I love them! I think this is going to turn out very nice. It will be about 68 X 68 and I am going to arrange them in kind of a star pattern.

Jake update: I took him back to the vet today. I was worried that his wounds were looking worse and he was messing with them. The vet said they are healing up good, but they still need to drain. He did give him the expensive antibiotic shot (after I asked for it) since we were having such a hard time getting the liquid down him. he also sent home one of those big collars to try to keep him away from it. He absolutely hates that thing, and I can't blame him really. I've only threatened him with it a couple of times. I am trying to watch him closely and not let him mess with the wounds.

3 comments:

Ren said...

So glad Jake is recovering so well and has such a great nurse.
Love the log cabin block, especially the fabric.
Where do you buy your fabric from?
God Bless,
Ren

Rachel said...

Hi Ren, I got this fabric at Mamaw's Thimble off Papermill drive in Knoxville. I'll be posting the finished quilt soon, it is on my machine now.

Kandi said...

Very pretty!