Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pine Mountain Kentucky Quilt Retreat



For those of you, like me, who have never been to a quilt retreat, here is a peek. My friend and I were invited to visit Pine Mountain State Park Resort in Kentucky where a quilter's retreat was in progress. Even though, I tell everyone that I am not "social," after visiting, I did think that it is something I would enjoy. A huge room is set up with about 60 tables; one for each quilter. Each person brings projects to work on. You can work on your projects, check out what others are doing, hand stitch by the fireplace, eat in the restaurant with a georgeous view of the mountains, hang out in your room or cabin. It looked like a great place to meet other quilters, get new ideas, and be inspired! Thanks Betty and Linda for inviting us! Sign me up for the next one!!

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Wow! Never heard of that before, must have been fun. Look like cropping for scrapbookers, I would love to have a weekend to do nothing but scrapbook, but that won't happen for a long time, but I am not complaining :)