Saturday, June 6, 2020

Time for Another Scrap Quilt

While I'm waiting on the backing for the log cabin quilt, I've been contemplating my next scrap quilt.  I still have lots of fabric that can/should be used and scrappy quilts with lots of white are my favorite.  Not sure I'll ever get tired of those.  A few months ago my DIL sent me a picture of her friend's new baby laying on a vintage looking quilt.  I really liked the pattern.  Very simple four patches set on point. I've looked and looked at paper pieced patterns, but decided today, this would be a bit easier since I can make some strip sets for a lot of the 4 patches.  So....here we go!

Those little squares will finish up at 1" each, with the bigger ones at 2"
I considered using the wrong side of some of my lights, to make them more subtle, but decide against it. I've done that before to mute the colors some. I decided to pull in more low volume prints and light colors and will leave them right side up just to give it more variation. More scrappy. Not sure yet on the size of this one either.  I may make it smaller than my normal so it will only fit a twin or a full, or a nice size lap or toddler quilt. Then again, this is only a few hours work and almost 25% of the blocks I'll need for a twin.....might make it bigger.  Just not sure at this point, simply enjoying having a new project.  I just love the vintage, or old-timey look of this one.

1 comment:

DUŠKA ALŽBĚTA said...

I would highly recommend Mr, Benjamin services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / lfdsloans@outlook.com  Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.