Monday, June 15, 2020

Scrappy Log Cabin

Some quilts just get me. I mean get me excited and happy just to look at them.  This is one of those. Warning - picture overload.  :)




 Two bright scrappy quilts for the twin beds is p-e-r-f-e-c-t.
 And see that green thing outside the window?
It's a thing I did today.

 I watched an Instagram video by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company, where she and her husband Ron, hang a quilt on her porch and tell how they made the hanging apparatus. Super easy with open screw-in hooks and a piece of EMT Conduit.  Got the supplies at Lowe's and they even cut the metal pipe for me free.  The quilt is one designed to mimic the blog name, Around the Blocks. It was published in the Spring 2017 issue of Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks.
Can't wait to hang patriotic quilts for July 4th, fall quilts, Christmas quilts, and others. Hoping to get some smiles out of passersby. 
And speaking of smiles.....these two. Growing up so much.


No comments: