Monday, June 22, 2020

The Show Continues


This is a 6" block of scrappy, wonky stars set alternately with solid white/cream blocks.
 This one is special.  It is made from my son's shirts from his high school, college, and seminary years. I hung it today but should have done it yesterday in his honor, for father's day. He is a father to two littles.
And speaking of special, this little piece sure is that.  It is something I made about 40 years ago for my mother-in-law who was a quilter long before I ever picked up a needle.  In fact, she and my grandmother were my inspiration for beginning the quilting hobby.
She passed away a few weeks ago, and it was returned to me.  It hung in her home all these years and I was so moved that the family returned it to me.  You see, her son and I divorced 21 years ago.  I loved her much and still love the family. I was in that family from the time I was 19 until 40 years old.  My heart breaks at the heartache she felt when we divorced.  She never quit loving me and I never quit loving her. To this day, I am so very thankful for her.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a tribute to your mother-in-law! She was a special lady!

Rachel said...

Yes she was!!