Tuesday, March 31, 2020

So Frustrating!!

Forgive my rant, but I am so frustrated with people who aren't taking this Covid-19 virus pandemic serious!  Running here and there, to stores with their whole family, to unnecessary appointments -- like a chiropractor, when the person is out doing things that show obviously they are not having that much back trouble, to Walmart for an 'outing' with their kids.....it should be now obvious to everyone that this thing spreads when the infected have no symptoms. I just read about a choir in Washington that held practice, when there were people dying in another town an hour a way.  A little over a week later, 45 of the 60 attending choir members were infected, three hospitalized, and one died.  They were all given hand sanitizer as they entered, stayed away from each other, no hugging nor close contact.  They said no one was coughing or sneezing.  But somehow somebody had it on their hands and spread it.

I just keep thinking how would I feel if I inadvertently spread this to someone who got seriously ill or died?  People -- quit thinking of yourself only!

Sorry (not sorry) for the rant....

Have any of you done the take out food?  I've read how to handle the food containers and that it should be pretty safe.  We have only gotten sandwiches once and a pizza once.  We are going to a place today to pick up some ribs.  Hot food is better, just to be safe.  My husband is one who is not doing so well during the 'safer at home' suggestion, as our governor has announced, not required, I might add :(  so I need to get him out for a drive.  He is one who doesn't seem to be taking this as serious as I think he should.....

Ok, on a happier note....our sweet neighbor hung up a bird house for us.  The birds found it immediately...someone told me these are tree swallows.


So pretty!

And I've run out of elastic, again, so after making over 70 masks, I'm done for a while.  I'm still getting requests but am directing people to a youtube video https://youtu.be/9tBg0Os5FWQ put out by Deaconess Hospital in Indiana on how to make them.  I'm also directing them to ETSY where there are multiple vendors selling homemade masks for as little as $4 each.

I also started something this week to help me be productive while at home - a weekly to-do list.  Lists help me so much.  On my list yesterday was to do our census, create a new 2020 budget, and run, amongst other things.  I was able to check those three off - win!



No comments: