Tuesday, March 10, 2020

More hobbies than time....

I gave up my hobby of paddle boarding last summer. It was getting a little difficult to put the board on top of the car and get it strapped down by myself.  I'm not getting any younger. So...the way I see it, this new painting hobby can take the place of paddle boarding.  :)

I did two more tonight after work.  What I love about this is -- I am learning something with each one I do, and it only takes me between 1-2 hours usually to make one.  That is a fast product!

Waldo will get hid later this week.  
And this little vintage RV will probably get hid later on.
I can definitely see the need for some micron paint pens.  It is really hard to get a thin line with even the tiniest paint brush.

Monday I worked on a better fish for the husband.  Something that looks more like a bass ---I don't think I'm finished with him yet.  He looks awfully green.  I may try to put some silver, or gold in to give him some shiny scales.
This is the biggest one I've done.  He is about 12" long.  I'm really drawn to the ones I've seen of animals, water droplets, or a lot of shadows with a 3D effect.  I plan to make lots of the whimsical ones to hide in the local rock club, but can't wait to tackle an animal or something 3D.

I may have mentioned before.  I am not talented enough to come up with these designs on my own.  There is soooo many beautiful ones on Instagram, #paintedrocks, and Pinterest.  My only talent is that I'm decent at copying.  

Enjoy!

No comments: