Sunday, May 23, 2021

Bonus Room/Retreat Room

Continuing the re-do of the bonus room.  I ended up moving the sconces up so I could put some vacation prints above each bed.  The photos are from Scotland.  A few years ago I traveled there to visit my son and his family.  We went to Skye and visited several castles, the beautiful Eilean Donan being one of them.



I added the little wall desk this past weekend.  I built one that looked more like a floating shelf but it was pretty heavy as the frame was made from 2x4s.  I was afraid it was too heavy for the two studs that held it.  So I bought this pine wood shelf and used some 1x2s I had, to build supports that would screw into the sheetrock studs.  It is a lot lighter and I think looks fine for the space.  The little metal chair is perfect and light for the desk. I found it at Hobby Lobby.

This room is so big, there is still space across from the recliner.  I have a loveseat ordered to go in that spot....maybe even room for a small coffee table.  It is surely going to be a great retreat room. I've had such fun fixing it up!
  

No comments: