Monday, May 17, 2021

Before and After

 I'm still working on the room.  Printed some photos from a vacation in Scotland to hang, and really am thinking of raising the sconces and hanging them above the beds.  Still need to find a floor lamp, a small end table, and a few other minor things but am thrilled with the look.....even though it is a very, very similar look to the twin bedroom.  That is ok with me, because that is my favorite room in the house.  :)  Here are a few before pics.....

Before my son and family moved in, I used the room to collect some old furniture that we didn't use in the new house - our old queen bed, an antique full from my son's college days, the table we used in the kitchen in the old house and some mismatched lamps.  The rug was new, but didn't go with all my quilts, so even though I loved it, I needed something more neutral. Since Elijah would be needing furniture I saved everything for his family.
They didn't leave a lot when they moved....which was great!
Using full size beds and putting them on each side of the window opened up the room so it now has a bigger sitting/reading area.


No comments: