Saturday, May 8, 2021

Bonus Room progress

 I'm calling it several names....bonus room, Airbnb room, my retreat.....but I am loving finally getting to decorate it like I've been dreaming of since we moved in.  Our builder is bringing a couple over at the end of the month to see our home.  They are interested in building one similar to ours.  That was the deadline I needed to go ahead and make the decisions on what I wanted to do in the room and get the furnishings purchased.  I love the cheap and easy faux shiplap I did in the twins bedroom so I did that on the window wall. I have one of the sconces installed.

Found this little glass top table at Hobby Lobby.  Awaiting a recliner cover for the chair.
I purchases the antique chest a year or so ago, with the bonus room plans in mind. Flowers and vase from Hobby Lobby.
Ordered the loveseat for the sitting area of the room.
I've been trying to figure out some more quilt storage.  Once the bonus room closet was cleaned out I realized these shelves are perfect to store my quilts.
Of course I have to decorate with some of them.  These are on the stair landing.  I plan to have the curtains up, the beds here and made up with white coverlets and quilts, a rug, the loveseat, and possibly a floating desk by the time our builder brings his clients.
The kids moved out but we had a couple of visits this week.  Gotta ride in the wagon while Papaw mows!
And of course do the 'spider' swing in the backyard.
Both kids spent the night Friday night.  We made chocolate pies!  Emma loves to cook.


2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Awesome progress on your bonus room. I love to decorate with quilts too. Happy Mother's Day!

Rachel said...

Hope you had a happy Mother's Day as well! I'd love to see how you decorate with your quilts.