Friday, July 10, 2020

Painting and Cooking

No quilting going on over here, but there has been some painting and some yummy cooking.
Liked this butterfly so much, I want to make a couple more.  Found a great picture on Pinterest with three different ones.  Hope to do the other two tomorrow.

 The ant goes with the "Picnic" theme for one of our weekly Rock challenges in the local Rock painting/hiding group I belong to.  I will be hiding it.
 My grandson, Haddon, is currently crazy over spider man, and my granddaughter Emma loves unicorns.  The ice cream and Love are two that will be hid for the Rock club. Actually I made two of each of those. One set to hid, one for the kids. Emma wanted this Love rock.
There is something so fun about painting rocks.  It is a cheap hobby, if you mess up, you just paint over it.  I usually like the design on the natural rock surface but many cover the rock in a color first.  I only do that if I've messed up. Currently I am really enjoying the Posca pens. Most of these were done with the pens.

The hubby has lost about nine pounds and me, about three. Just cutting back. He wants to eventually lose 20. I have a friend who is doing the Code Red diet. I think it is a low carb version. We had a meal that would be ok on her diet -- sauteed peppers and onions in butter, grilled cabbage steaks, ( a little ranch drizzled on it) and a hamburger patty grilled. 

But the desert -- OH MY. It was so yummy. I mixed a little cream cheese with some whipping cream and about a tablespoon and a half of some Monk Fruit blend. Mixed it up with blueberries.  It tasted just like cheesecake. Here is the sweetener blend I used.


I've had this a while.  I bought it a year or so ago to try to get off so much sugar.  I wasn't thrilled with it then.  However, I've been using it in my coffee and it gives it just the right amount of sweet.  In the cream cheese fluffy stuff, to me it tasted exactly like a thin cheesecake. Sweet, and creamy. I am going to start using this more. I'd like to lose a few more pounds and I think it will help the hubby to lose his weight as well.

No comments: