Sunday, July 12, 2020

On a roll with rocks....

Today's rocks included this patriotic one. I plan to give it to a friend who is active in the DAR (Daughter's of the American revolution) organization.

She is bringing me some polypropylene, I use as a layer in my homemade masks.  I know she isn't going to let me pay her for it. I thought she would like this.
The next is one I was challenged to do.  Well, not exactly. I was asked if I painted any birds. I have a friend who loves birds and I wanted to try. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I'd like to try again, but it was very difficult so I won't try for a while. Gotta let my mind rest a bit from this one.


I did a little tutorial for the monarch butterfly for our facebook rock club, and made two more.  Each one is a bit different, not on purpose. I still like the first one best.

....and I made a quick unicorn for the granddaughter of a friend.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love your rocks, are you near Portland, OR? I’d venture into Town looking for one. Lol which is saying a lot Right now.

Reading your blog, you are very lucky grandparents to have your family there. I’ve have a daughter and grandson in Washington State, there’re always so busy, she been hunting for a job, and he is 13 and has to do 13 year old things!
Daughter 2 is in the Coast Guard (22yrs)now out in VA. We “visit” in turns, I was there dog sitting in Feb to May while she was gone, saw her for a whole 6 days. Hubby been dog sitting since July till this coming week. He was able to see her a whole 6 weeks, their ship broke down it port. I get the honor to visit Dec 25th to ? 2021 dog sitting again. What we do for our children. I wish she would come this way, but hates the weather here.
3rd daughter lives local with my other 2 grandchildren 3yr and 9months and hubby. I’m trying to get the 9 month old “my queen” to like me, she is a twin to aunt in VA. A little tiger, jump first than look, on the go all the time. No time for nana.