Saturday, April 9, 2022

Low Volume I Spy Quilt

 Finally got this one finished and on our bed.  I was needing another summer quilt for our big bed and I just love it.  I also love the fact that it was simple, fast, and made entirely from scraps and my stash. It is a free pattern I found on the All People Quilt instagram account called I Spy Low Volume quilt.


I'm still in my 'use low volume prints for lights' quilting mode, even after about two years.  I just love the interest and texture they bring to a quilt. I use some scraps of Kona solids I've had for years, for the little triangles.

I also recently quilted this little beauty for a friend's new grand baby.  The cross stitch and piecing was done by the baby's great grandmother. She did a great job and I was nervous about quilting it.  My machine has been acting a little weird and even after a service call it still acted up once.  I got it running but was literally praying it would finish this quilt.  I think quilting for others stresses me out and that's the reason I don't think I'd enjoy doing this for a business.  I am perfectly happy making quilts for my friends, family, gifts, and charities.
We kept the kids last night as our usual every two weeks for a sleepover. Watched the movie Sing2, which both had seen before but loved all the songs in it and loudly, with much dancing, sang to each. I've not done too well lately with making photos of them.  Gotta do better, they are growing up so fast.  Haddon registered for kindergarten yesterday and is very excited to get to go to real school.

Emma had career day a few weeks ago and after learning a lot about space travel wanted to be an astronaut. Her momma got her the costume with  promise from her to wear it on halloween.

I am still trying to grow out my curls.  These photos was on a rare good hair day.  I've been struggling this week.  Really trying to figure out what products work the best to tame the curls with less frizz and more definition.  It is definitely a project for me. It's' actually about two inches longer than it looks here.





No comments: