Saturday, March 19, 2022

Lots of baby quilts

Recently I was on a kick to make baby quilts using Elizabeth Hartman's animal patterns.  They are so cute and her instructions are great.  I won't say they are easy but if you read, read, and read again before you cut and sew you'll do fine with them.  They are not paper pieced, which is amazing.

Here are a few I've made recently.

The giraffe will be going to a safari themed nursery.  The baby shower is today.  They requested a book, new or used, be given in place of cards.  I was excited to pick out a vintage Golden Book from my collection, Noah's Ark, to go with the quilt as the gift.
Did a free quilting design (Urban Elementz) of lizards on these two.  Loved how it turned out.

Practiced circles on my Quilt EZ computer on the Elephant.

I've made several of her animal patterns before and love them all.  This set was in a booklet that was safari themed.  I still want to make a few more.  Such great, simple, baby quilt gift ideas. Want to do the Lion next.  It's awesome!
The sunflower mini was one I did from a free pattern from Sugar Free Quilts, in support of the Ukrainians under attack.  Pray for Ukraine! The original pattern called for 3 1/2" squares. I cut them at 1 1/2" for a smaller version.


1 comment:

Kathy S. said...

Those are ADORABLE! My niece had a book vs. card thing at her shower. She got a ton of books!