Friday, December 10, 2021

The tree is up!

 The grands did a great job of helping me get the tree up and decorated.


All the beds are covered in Christmas quilts now.

Yes, that's my 68 year old husband on the swing being pushed by the grands.  Oh my goodness, they loved it.
This swing set has been a great investment.
We took them to the annual Tuba Christmas, and their daddy got to play in it this year.
....and he found the tuba he played in high school, brought by one of the younger tuba players. He is pointing out where he scratched his initials on it.....oops, bet the band director didn't like that!  Looks like he was the second student to do that, followed by about 12-13 more.
We enjoyed the local Christmas parade.  My son and his family rode a trailer for their church.  The kids had a blast!  I bet I haven't been to this parade since the tuba player was in it, what??? 18 years ago.  My how time flies.....
I've been asked to share my quilts at a local quilting group tomorrow morning.  I've very excited about it.  Although an introvert, if I'm talking about quilting or another hobby, I can really bend your ear. So many quilts with so many stories. 
 πŸ˜Š

My latest project, believe it or not, isn't one of my hobbies.......after 20 years of short hair, but every winter wanting to let it grow, I'm finally doing it! (now that I've posted this, that really makes me accountable).😬😬😬. I've been watching youtube videos of how woman manage their very curly gray hair.  I've bought lots of products and am excited about it.  I freaked my grandkids out with the picture below.  A friend put my face on someone else's body. The grands thought it was TERRIBLE...."mamaw, you look like a witch!  It's so, so, so, so, funny, mamaw!"  I think it's great, but I doubt I'll get it that long!
My hair is really that curly though, or maybe even more curly. I had it long for a few years in my early 40's and loved it, except I colored it and the roots just showed too much, so I cut it off short and quit coloring it.  I've been letting it grow a couple of months now...below is my progress.

I think I'm going to be wearing these head bands for a really long time....
...otherwise it falls around my face.....eek, those wild curls!
Wish me luck!!


3 comments:

Jan said...

Good luck on growing out your hair. When my youngest was born, 35 years ago, I got a really bad haircut and swore I was never going to cut my hair again. That lasted six years and since then I have had it shoulder length a few times, but I'm too impatient to do it again.

My daughter has very curly hair and I loved it long but she owns a gym and is always on the go.

I can't wait to see how it goes for you.

Happy Holidays
Jan

Rachel said...

Thank you Jan! I know it will be difficult as I am not used to doing anything but wetting it every morning and putting sone product on with my hands and going out the door. Right now it's my "project" so I'm hoping I can do it and will like it. Should length would be perfect. I long to have enough hair to put it up now and then.

Unknown said...

Hello Blog admin I want to share some useful articles here for anyone looking for financial help to get through.
I want to talk about a God Fearing loan lender who lend me $400,000.00 to finance my business when I couldn't get help from my community bank here in Ohio, Mr Pedro was very nice to work with in every aspect of financial assistance so I will advise anyone here looking for a loan to contact Mr Pedro on Email / WhatsApp text.
Pedro Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com
Mr Pedro WhatsApp text: +1 863 231 0632