Wednesday, December 1, 2021

The Holiday Season

It's that time of year when we start getting ready for Christmas.  I am not big on tons of decorations, just some Christmas quilts, a few vases with greenery, some window candles and a tree. I haven't put the tree up yet. Will probably let the grandkids help me do that this weekend when they spend their routine every other Friday night with us.  We kept them for five days last week and we had a ball, but were worn out when they went home. We took them to the theater on Friday night.



Then Saturday was a full day of building robots from cardboard boxes and duct tape.  What fun they had!
Thanks to the best Papaw ever who is always thinking of things to do with them.

Then some play with my robe and shoes, building a taller Haddon (on Emma's shoulders)..their idea.
Haddon and I went shopping for new snow boots and school shoes for his sister, while she was in school.
Then did a "Thankful" craft.
Took them home Tuesday evening to await Mom and Daddy's arrival from their trip.  The kitties were happy to have their kids back home.
The one (bad) picture I got at Thanksgiving.  Sorry, Katie, for cutting your beautiful face out of the pic.  It was an accident....
Time for the seasonal bed quilt change out....

Christmas quilts......

Finished the last gift.......this one I sang the hymns as I sewed on it.....


I've been making the mock sourdough bread lately and it is so very yummy.  For Thanksgiving I made the loaves into rolls and they were a huge hit.  I made some more today.  They are great for little sandwiches.

If you'd like to make some, check out the Humorous Homemaker's Complete Guide to Mock Sourdough.

Oh and one last pic of a cute little boy and his pet cat.....
This little boy cat is the absolute sweetest with the kids.  Haddon picks him up and carries him on his back all the time, and he never hisses or scratches, just tolerates it and sometimes even enjoys it.  He's the best.


No comments: