Wednesday, January 12, 2022

2022 is Here

 Wow, 2022....I remember well the turn of the new century in 2000.  Y2K, they called it.  There were fears of computers crashing, the electric grid having problems, and other such things.  People actually filled up buckets of water in their homes in case the water supply got messed up....I may, or may not have been one of those.  :)  I read the other day of when others talk about 30 years ago, some of us automatically think of the 1970's....but in reality that would be the 90's.  Time really does fly, especially when you are an adult.

So, what's going on around here in 2022?  Well, I pray the Lord holds us in his hands and gives us peace in the turmoil going on in our world.  The Covid-19 pandemic is still in full swing with the latest variant Omicron.  They are expecting it to "find everyone."  So far, we've escaped it.  Jim and I have had our shots and booster. But we realize that may not keep us from getting it, just hopefully keeping us out of the hospital if we do.

I am working on a new quilt.  Not sure of the design or even the colors, just busy making lots of tiny 4 patches. I originally wanted a quilt made from blues/teals/greens hence the color way I've started with.


But I found this pattern online that I really like, so I may end up making it more scrappy with lots of other colors.
So far my 9 patches are all in the same two colors (meaning each one), unlike the last photo, but we shall see what I end up with.  I just want to be busy making something!

I hope to do more painting of rocks this year and would love to do a canvas painting.

I"m reading the bible through again this year, using a chronological bible with some study notes.

I don't have any woodworking plans so far.  I'd like to do a short board and batten wall in my living room, but still undecided.  I may paint a book case in the kids bedroom to match the little chest and bench in there.

A couple fo big things we hope to accomplish this year is a fire pit and an epoxy floor on our car garage.

I pray the Lord uses me to share his story with others. I hope he helps me to be more kind, compassionate, and encouraging to others.



2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I've only been through the Bible three times. Each time was a New Years resolution. Good for you! This year I am doing a different bible study daily. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022! Your little green nine patches are gorgeous. Love that scrappy pattern. Can't go wrong with 9-patches.

Rachel said...

Kathy, I've read it through several times but it seems each time, I am more into it to learn new things and not being so hurriedly reading it to just get through. I am enjoying the study notes with the daily readings in the Chronological Bible I am using this year. I wish you a happy and healthy 2022 as well! -- Rachel