Sunday, October 31, 2021

News from the Homefront

 I did my periodic bed quilt change out yesterday.....


It brings me great joy to display quilts on beds.  :)

Also started a new project. A very special project. These beautiful red work embroidery blocks were made by my adopted brother's birth mother. He searched for her and found her a few years ago. Has gotten to know her and his half brothers and sisters. I'm so thankful they have accepted him into their family. You can never have too many people who love you! He told her I quilted and she gave them to him for me. She is soon to be 89. My brother just visited with us and when he left, I remembered that I told him I would make him a quilt. I pulled these out (he had given them to me on a previous visit a few years ago), and decided how to put them together for a quilt.  It's going to be beautiful, I think. And something he will treasure, I know.


I have 32 of the red work blocks, plus about 50 other embroidered blocks she made.  I may be making several quilts from these beautiful blocks. Always wanted to do a red and white quilt, so this is my chance.  Can't wait to see it unfold.....





No comments: