Saturday, October 2, 2021

Long arm quilting

 My long arm quilting machine is back up and running but now with a tablet and the QuiltEZ software to   automate the quilting.  There is a huge learning curve, I've discovered.  I like it, but I've made so many mistakes already and am having to figure out how to remedy or save the quilt.  So far, I haven't totally ruined a quilt yet, but the more I do, the more I realize I need to learn.  I practiced on a couple a small baby quilts. I created this fast little pattern a few weeks ago and submitted for publication but they were not selected.


I did some dense quilting on the pink one.
And some much looser quilting on the blue version.
I did a patriotic design of stars and stripes on this fun truck patriotic quilt, design by Erica Arndt.
Then I did some a swirly pantograph on my Grace quilt, made from a kit from Thimbleblossoms.


I love this next quilt so much!  Notice the hymn lines in some of the boxes.  It is called Guiding Stars and uses a fabric line called Songbook.  I finished this one for us, but have made another as a gift.


And because it it now October, let's put a fall quilt on the big bed.....
And my Songbook quilt will reside on the couch to cozy up with .....at least for a few weeks.
I don't do a whole lot of all decorating, but usually by cooler weather, I like to add a little 'fall' in the house.


No comments: