Monday, September 13, 2021

Scrap Showcase

 I've had a stack of Kaffe Fassett scraps leftover from my two Little Miss Sawtooth quilts I made a few months ago, and they have been calling me to make a new scrap quilt.  I found this pattern from Marti Mitchell that I've always liked and decided to try it.

I think if I'd read carefully and seen that the pattern used Y-seams and templates I probably would not have bought it.  But....I am glad I did.  I was able to figure out rotary cutting for all the pieces but one. I made a cardboard template for it.  The Y-seams are not as difficult as they were on the ring cycles quilt I made last year.
Mine won't look a lot like hers because I chose to do all lights and colors, and no mediums as she did on the big squares and stars.  I hope it turns out pretty, and I think it will.  Hopefully when sewn the circular shape will be more apparent.
I had a wonderful day of sewing, exercising and cleaning.  I managed to get most of the pieces cut so I could eliminate some of the fabric mess.  The star blocks are all cut and ready to sew, the others not quite. I ended up cutting all the triangles rather than using HST, because of all the 'half'.

This one is challenging, for sure, and my points are not all lining up exactly but.....it will be fine when finished, and I think will be one of my prettiest.

So yay!  for challenges.


1 comment:

Audrey said...

Where do I find the pattern for this quilt? I love this.