Saturday, March 23, 2019

New Home (Continued)

We put a laundry room that opens to the hallway near the kitchen and also opens to my master closet. This is a brilliant idea, and one stolen from a friend who built a new home a couple of years ago.  We bought the tile for cheap at Floor and Decor (0.99 per square foot!), the cabinets are pre-fab, and the counters are a marble look laminate.
 All of our tile came from Floor and Decor.  The new design is much like our older master bath.  The new shower is a little bigger, with no threshold (thinking of our older years) and his tub is without jets (rarely used them in the old house). We each have our own vanities and closets.  Works well for these two independent people :)
 I loved my seat in my old shower but felt like if either of us ended up in a wheel chair we might need the extra room in the shower.  The teak bench was purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I am very happy with it. I like being able to pull it closer to the water. I asked the tile guy to put the nook in the half wall so it is mostly hid from view.
We used the knotty hickory for our vanities.  Mirrors purchased at Kirklands. Minute Quartz on the vanities. Basic white large subway tile for the shower, metallic penny tile for the shower floor, board and batting for the tub surround, and a grey/greige wood-look tile for the floors.
More pics coming soon!