Monday, March 25, 2019

And more house pictures

Just some more random house pictures  :)

I found a black piano on Facebook Marketplace for a great price.  It's been on my bucket list for several years to relearn how to play.  I took lessons as a kid for a couple of years but did band through high school.  I am enjoying the piano so much!  I pulled out my hymnal and found a few songs that have only one flat or one sharp, you know, not too difficult.  I am practicing! I created this gallery wall by laying out parchment paper and tracing around where I wanted the photos to go. I taped the paper on the wall, with a level, then put in the hangers (push pins), pulled the paper away and hung the frames.  They are all black and whites of my son, his family, and their UK adventures in various black frames (Hobby Lobby, 50% off!)

 I have great plans for this room.  Imagine two twin beds with a small dresser between.  The beds will be for the grands, guests, or just to display more quilts.
 I hung these family photos in the hallway leading to the quilt studio.  My mom and dad, the four of us kids, and a collage I made for my parents several years ago.
 The quilting studio!!  I put up the design wall last weekend.  I bought two 4x8 sheets of insulation board. I had to get Lowe's to cut them in half so I could get them in my car.  Then once taped back together they were still just too large for me to handle by myself, so I cut a foot off the top and one of the sides.
 I just hung it with monkey hooks into the insulation backing, so I am not sure how it will hold up with a full quilt top on it.  I was trying to avoid screwing it into the wall, but that may be on the horizon. I plan to put a desk under the "Around the Blocks" quilt.
I think it's all ready to get back to sewing.  Yay.  We are scheduled to get our AT&T internet tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it will actually happen and will work well.



After I get some good outside shots, I'll be posting them.

No comments: