Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day

Let us never forget those who gave their all to defend our freedoms, rescue the oppressed, and fight against terrorism. Have you ever made a Quilt of Valor? I've quilted several that were pieced by others. I found a couple of beautiful patterns for patriotic quilts.....

The above is something I found on Pinterest. Beautiful. You can read about it here.

Another beauty is below. Again from Pinterest. Read about it here, from the Craftsy blog.

And a few patriotic quilts I've made...

We have had some gorgeous weather the last few days. Yesterday the fisherman and I drove to Oneida for a centennial reunion for the local high school. Packed a picnic lunch and ate it at the park there.

First time we've used our denim picnic quilt I made a few years ago.

He visited with some of his old classmates.

The flowers are doing well in this beautiful weather.

The cats love it....

However, they continue to hunt...one brought in this flying squirrel the other day. They are fascinating but it's head is just like a rat....yuck.

...and this is what I am doing this afternoon....chillaxin and ipadding.....

Hope all of you enjoy Memorial Day weekend but don't forget those we honour on this day. Say a prayer for our country while you are remembering those we've lost.

 

 

No comments: