Friday, October 19, 2018

House Update and a brotherly visit

Thought I'd post a new house update.  We really couldn't be happier with how things are progressing. Trim is about 65% finished inside, brick is finished, stone column work started today, electrical was buried and got the go ahead to cover up, so that all happened today too.

The master bath is going to be fabulous.
We are just so excited and so thankful we are able to do this.  My quilting studio has the best light in the whole house.  My sewing machine will sit near this great window.
Cabinets will be installed on Tuesday.  That is something I am very excited and nervous about.  You study all the options and make selections but you don't know until they are built and installed what they will really look like.  I found things I liked from various different kitchens so I wasn't trying to copy one particular kitchen, but take things I liked from several.  Fingers crossed that it will all come together.

One last photo....not a house one but a significant one nonetheless.  My brother, who lives in California came for a visit this week. He left home early in his life, at about 18, when I was only 10, and hasn't been back home much over the years. It was a very nice visit.  My other brother came over tonight and we had a good time just catching up.

No comments: