Saturday, June 9, 2018

Project Recap

Here are more pictures of my finished projects for the he's-gone-on-a-fishing-trip-so-I-can-do-projects timeline.

First was the tub surround using real bead board and wood trim.
A few kitchen science  projects.  Zucchini wraps, home made raw dark chocolate, my own Gentle Sweet blend.


Then did a couple of chalk painting and distressing projects, and I am in love.  Originally the lamps were green, then I painted them black a few years ago, and now white with a little distressing.



Knowing I had only a day left to work in the boat garage, I was inspired to make this tray.  I found a similar one on myvintageporch.com.  Really like all her DIY pieces.
So now, I'm going to just throw this out there......I realize many folks think its horrible to paint 'good' wood.  I understand that, I too, grew up in the era where we stripped all the painted pieces our parents painted.  But, everything kind of circles around, and now painted, distressed, and old looking furniture is very popular.  I love it because it is imperfect, just like me.  It is comfortable, worn, and informal.  So, that being said, here are my plans.  I plan to sand and stain the tops of two end tables, and chalk paint the bottoms, in probably a linen white, or cream. I'll also replace the pulls.
Then, I plan to chalk paint and distress this WHOLE dining room suite of mis-matched pieces.  The chairs are reproductions but I love them. The buffet is an antique but with a chipped veneer top. I think maybe some tan wax to highlight the carvings will be great. I will keep the buffet hardware and reupholster the chair cushions.

Then I plan to chalk paint this TV cabinet and night stands.  The cabinet will be white with some distressing.  I'm thinking I might sand down the tops of the nightstands and stain them something similar to the tray I made, and do white chalk paint on the bottoms.


We will be moving later on this year and I am excited about just taking paint and elbow grease and remaking my existing furniture into something fresh for the new home.

So??? thoughts?  (please, no haters...)

No comments: