Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sewing, cleaning, and cooking

My favorite kind of day.  A day spent doing some sewing, some cleaning, and some cooking.
I only have about a gazillion more of these little blocks to make before I can then put the million squares together in rows.......
 I've spent several hours today working on the grout.  I hate tile...because of the grout.  I tried oxygen bleach, homemade from baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and hot water.  It is still wet in some places, but I am anxious to see if all my hard work paid off.
I am doubting it.  I researched steam cleaners online today.  I may have to invest in a good one just for the grout.
Making leftover ham casserole for supper.  Found this recipe a few years ago.  We really like it.  I love being off the week after Christmas.  I've already cleaned out three dresser drawers, pulled lots of stuff out of the closet for the thrift shop, finished up entering all our data for our 2012 budget (yeah- we were under by ~$300), put the Christmas decorations away, washed rugs, steam cleaned the floors (the little steamer died this morning), and got a lot read on a very intriguing book by Francine Rivers, "Mark of the Lion".  It was free on the kindle a few weeks ago.

Hope all of you are having a great holiday as well!

No comments: